Dear Jessica and Isaac,
One week or so before your wedding day I went shopping with Jessica. After that we went for lunch. During our lunch, I noticed you seemed upset and I asked why you looked so troubled.
"Aunt Edith", you said, "after a whole month of marriage, what is there to talk about?"
I gave that question some thought and came up with an answer. I said, "Jessica, that won't become a problem…you and Isaac MUST take up tennis"…problem solved.
Larry and I offered our garden for your wedding and the day finally came. At 9:30 in the morning a large truck pulled up to our house and five women jumped out of the truck wearing peasant dresses, aprons and schmatas on their heads. They were followed by large ovens, huge boxes packed with food, liquor, etc and then they took over my kitchen!
It still amazes me today how such a scene like that could have produced a wedding that turned out to be such a beautiful affair…a ceremony under a blue sky with a tent to shade your guests from the hot sun..a band that kept everyone dancing for hours and fantastic cuisine provided by the women in the truck.
So perhaps you did take my advice and took up tennis because you two seem to have been hitting aces for 40 years!
With All My Love,
Aunt Edith
No comments:
Post a Comment